Skip to content

ThePawn02

Gaming and Streaming Content

  • eSports
  • Guides
  • Headlines
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Uncategorized
Primary Menu
  • Home
  • Watch Live
  • News
  • eSports
  • Blog
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Guild Login
    • Guild Mentality
    • The Zealots
    • Malign
  • Socials
    • Youtube Channel
    • Twitch Channel
    • Kick.com
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • Facebook
Subscribe
  • Home
  • 2026
  • April
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 3 ‘Proceeding on Time and on Schedule,’ Director Says
  • Headlines

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 3 ‘Proceeding on Time and on Schedule,’ Director Says

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 3 'Proceeding on Time and on Schedule,' Director Says
ThePawn.com April 29, 2026 3 minutes read
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 3 ‘Proceeding on Time and on Schedule,’ Director Says

Hang in there, Final Fantasy fans — Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 3 director Naoki Hamaguchi has popped up to assure us that the eagerly-anticipated third instalment is “proceeding on time and on schedule.”

This would possibly be more comforting if we knew what, exactly, the schedule was — Hamaguchi is playing his cards very close to his chest, and we haven’t yet received a release window, let alone a firm date — but talking to Comicbook, the director insisted everything was “steadily underway” and asked us to wait for “just a little longer.”

“What I can say is that development itself is proceeding on time and on schedule,” Hamaguchi said. “We believe it’ll become a title we can deliver with confidence as the culmination of the trilogy. We know many fans are eagerly waiting, and preparations toward the announcement are steadily underway. Please look forward to it just a little longer.”

Knowing Square Enix is making “preparations” for the release date announcement sure is good news, too, given how long we’ve waited. Final Fantasy 7 Remake was chopped up into three different instalments, with one releasing in 2020 and the second part in 2024. That means that even if Part 3 is released by the end of this year, there’ll have been six years between the release of Part 1 and Part 3.

The director also reflected on what has been the biggest challenge of bringing Final Fantasy 7 to modern audiences. “The greatest challenge was thoughtfully evaluating, title by title, how far to push ‘nostalgia’ and ‘innovation,’ respectively, so they could work in balance,” Hamaguchi explained.

“For players familiar with the original game, I think what matters goes beyond the story arc itself — it’s the relationships between the characters and the emotions they felt upon discovering this world. Those are elements we can’t afford to treat lightly.” He also stressed that the team’s “guiding philosophy” was to ensure the gameplay experience feels expanded rather than just recycled.

Interestingly, Hamaguchi also offered additional details of Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth‘s Queen’s Blood card game, which we knew was making a “powered-up” comeback for the final chapter in Square Enix’s remake trilogy.

“From the very beginning, Queen’s Blood wasn’t designed to be just a mini‑game, but rather a strong, standalone gameplay experience within the world of Rebirth,” he said. “As players progress through their open-world RPG journey, an early focus for us was finding ways to integrate immersive moments, even during shorter stretches of play. A trading card game was one answer to that, and we paid special attention to ensure that everything — including its strategic depth and interplay — didn’t feel half-baked.”

Last month, Hamaguchi opened up about what to expect when Part 3 eventually comes out, hinting that we’ll get new gameplay mechanics and locations, some of which we have yet to visit in the remake series.

The director also recently teased that the “core game experience is almost complete,” and while he “really want[s] everyone to play it as soon as possible,” the team has now moved on to “refining and polishing.” He also recently discussed the impact of expanding the platforms on which the Final Fantasy 7 Remake series is available, insisting that going multiplatform “will not in any way lower the quality of the third instalment.”

Vikki Blake is a reporter for IGN, as well as a critic, columnist, and consultant with 15+ years experience working with some of the world’s biggest gaming sites and publications. She’s also a Guardian, Spartan, Silent Hillian, Legend, and perpetually High Chaos. Find her at BlueSky.

feedzy_import_tag feedzy_import_tag

About the Author

ThePawn.com

Administrator

Visit Website View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: Wuchang: Fallen Feathers Dev Sells IP to Publisher 505 Games’ Parent Company, Digital Bros.
Next: A Japanese Store Has Come Up With a Fun Way to Combat Pokémon Card Scalpers: Forcing Customers to Pass a Quiz Before They Buy

Related News

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option
  • Headlines

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Sea Scroll Card Game Review
  • Headlines

Sea Scroll Card Game Review

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce
  • Headlines

Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0

Latest YouTube Video

Check out these awesome streamers

ThePawn02 on twitch

From Gamewatcher

  • Age of Wonders 4's Secrets of the Archmages DLC Releases This June With New Owlkin Form, Forbidden Magic Tomes, and More
  • Anno 117: Pax Romana Patch Notes (Latest) - Full Update History & Roadmap for 2026
  • World of Tanks: Heat Release Date Confirmed for Tactical Shooter Spin-Off
  • Subnautica 2 Patch Notes Hub and Roadmap of Updates for 2026
  • Directive 8020 Review

From IGN

  • Hasbro Cancels Dungeons & Dragons Game from Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Director
  • Assassin's Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option
  • Sea Scroll Card Game Review
  • Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce
  • Final Fantasy Creator Hironobu Sakaguchi Addresses Backlash for Sharing AI Final Fantasy 6 Remake Video

From eSports Insider

  • As the esports industry crumbles, the FGC has become a refreshingly real escape to what esports used to be
  • T1 regains its form, G2 makes a statement, FlyQuest becomes LCS dark horse: The fight for MSI is closer than ever
  • Esports orgs need to take pros’ physical health more seriously as they continue to retire from wrist and hand injuries
  • Nephew qualifies for Street Fighter 6 Esports World Cup alongside Kobayan, while the twins fulfill their destiny in 2XKO: The week before Combo Breaker 2026
  • “Get a job already”: FGC begs Mew2King to get a job, but he isn’t the only esports pro suffering

.

You may have missed

Final Fantasy Creator Hironobu Sakaguchi Addresses Backlash for Sharing AI Final Fantasy 6 Remake Video
  • Headlines

Final Fantasy Creator Hironobu Sakaguchi Addresses Backlash for Sharing AI Final Fantasy 6 Remake Video

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce
  • Headlines

Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Sea Scroll Card Game Review
  • Headlines

Sea Scroll Card Game Review

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option
  • Headlines

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Privacy Policy
  • Home
  • Watch Live
  • News
  • eSports
  • Blog
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Guild Login
  • Socials
  • Twitch
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Kick.com
Copyright © All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.