Skip to content

ThePawn02

Gaming and Streaming Content

  • eSports
  • Guides
  • Headlines
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Uncategorized
Primary Menu
  • Home
  • Watch Live
  • News
  • eSports
  • Blog
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Guild Login
    • Guild Mentality
    • The Zealots
    • Malign
  • Socials
    • Youtube Channel
    • Twitch Channel
    • Kick.com
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • Facebook
Subscribe
  • Home
  • 2026
  • March
  • ‘Nintendo Is Absolutely Furious’: Former Employee Says Mario, Zelda Developer in ‘Uncharted Territory’ Following Major Leaks
  • Headlines

‘Nintendo Is Absolutely Furious’: Former Employee Says Mario, Zelda Developer in ‘Uncharted Territory’ Following Major Leaks

'Nintendo Is Absolutely Furious': Former Employee Says Mario, Zelda Developer in 'Uncharted Territory' Following Major Leaks
ThePawn.com March 30, 2026 3 minutes read
‘Nintendo Is Absolutely Furious’: Former Employee Says Mario, Zelda Developer in ‘Uncharted Territory’ Following Major Leaks

Nintendo will be “furious” with last week’s major leaks that detailed numerous Switch 2 games set to launch throughout the rest of 2026 and into 2027, including a Zelda: Ocarina of Time remake and launch details for the next big 3D Mario platformer.

That’s according to ex-Nintendo employee Kit Ellis, who now hosts the Kit & Krysta podcast that dissects the latest goings on at their former employer.

Last week, renowned leaker Natethehate effectively laid out Nintendo’s full launch plans for the next 12 months and beyond, in astonishing and frankly unprecedented fashion. Numerous Nintendo games have leaked in the past, of course, but it’s hard to remember such open discussion of the company’s upcoming release slate happening quite like this in the past.

Natethehate’s leak not only spoiled the announcement of a Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time remake this Christmas, but of a new Star Fox game and fresh Switch Sports title due this summer.

The coming months will also reportedly see the launch of previously-announced games such as Splatoon adventure spinoff Splatoon Raiders, Rhythm Heaven: Groove and Fire Emblem: Fortune Weave, alongside Switch 2 Editions for Pikmin 4 and Xenoblade 2.

Finally, Natethehate claimed that Nintendo’s long-awaited next 3D Mario platformer would not arrive in 2026 — something that has come as a blow to fans counting the many years since the launch of Super Mario Odyssey, nearly a decade ago.

“I can promise you that Nintendo is absolutely furious about this,” former Nintendo of America PR manager Kit Ellis said in a post on social media. “If you’re trying to avoid this stuff, good luck, because it’s all over the place,” he continued, noting that Natethehate had “a very accurate track record for a really long time now.”

“My mind goes to Nintendo and how they really have a problem with leaks right now that they don’t seem to be able to solve,” Ellis said, highlighting the unprecedented nature of the leak and what it means for a company like Nintendo that relies on the element of surprise to help market its upcoming games.

“This isn’t just somebody cryptically tweeting out a few things 24 hours before a Nintendo Direct,” Ellis said. “This is somebody who has laid out their entire line-up for the rest of this year and part of next year’s. For a company like Nintendo whose approach to marketing is propped up by the element of surprise, it’s a big problem.

“This just feels like uncharted territory for Nintendo. They’ve had leakers before, and they’ve dealt with leakers before. This feels like a different situation and I don’t know what’s going to happen next. But for the company overall, this is going to become a major priority going forward.”

Nintendo is yet to comment on the leaks, and seems unlikely to do so. Reportedly, the company does not plan to host any major announcement showcase before this summer’s annual June Nintendo Direct. Earlier today, Microsoft announced plans for its own Xbox Games Showcase.

Tom Phillips is IGN’s News Editor. You can reach Tom at [email protected] or find him on Bluesky @tomphillipseg.bsky.social

feedzy_import_tag feedzy_import_tag

About the Author

ThePawn.com

Administrator

Visit Website View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: Arc Raiders Flashpoint Update Breakdown Includes First Look at New Enemy and Map Condition
Next: Crimson Desert Patches Are Delighting Fans, but Some Say They’re Making the Game Too Easy and Now Want a Hard Difficulty Mode

Related News

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option
  • Headlines

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Sea Scroll Card Game Review
  • Headlines

Sea Scroll Card Game Review

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce
  • Headlines

Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0

Latest YouTube Video

Check out these awesome streamers

ThePawn02 on twitch

From Gamewatcher

  • Age of Wonders 4's Secrets of the Archmages DLC Releases This June With New Owlkin Form, Forbidden Magic Tomes, and More
  • Anno 117: Pax Romana Patch Notes (Latest) - Full Update History & Roadmap for 2026
  • World of Tanks: Heat Release Date Confirmed for Tactical Shooter Spin-Off
  • Subnautica 2 Patch Notes Hub and Roadmap of Updates for 2026
  • Directive 8020 Review

From IGN

  • Hasbro Cancels Dungeons & Dragons Game from Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Director
  • Assassin's Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option
  • Sea Scroll Card Game Review
  • Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce
  • Final Fantasy Creator Hironobu Sakaguchi Addresses Backlash for Sharing AI Final Fantasy 6 Remake Video

From eSports Insider

  • As the esports industry crumbles, the FGC has become a refreshingly real escape to what esports used to be
  • T1 regains its form, G2 makes a statement, FlyQuest becomes LCS dark horse: The fight for MSI is closer than ever
  • Esports orgs need to take pros’ physical health more seriously as they continue to retire from wrist and hand injuries
  • Nephew qualifies for Street Fighter 6 Esports World Cup alongside Kobayan, while the twins fulfill their destiny in 2XKO: The week before Combo Breaker 2026
  • “Get a job already”: FGC begs Mew2King to get a job, but he isn’t the only esports pro suffering

.

You may have missed

Final Fantasy Creator Hironobu Sakaguchi Addresses Backlash for Sharing AI Final Fantasy 6 Remake Video
  • Headlines

Final Fantasy Creator Hironobu Sakaguchi Addresses Backlash for Sharing AI Final Fantasy 6 Remake Video

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce
  • Headlines

Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Sea Scroll Card Game Review
  • Headlines

Sea Scroll Card Game Review

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option
  • Headlines

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Privacy Policy
  • Home
  • Watch Live
  • News
  • eSports
  • Blog
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Guild Login
  • Socials
  • Twitch
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Kick.com
Copyright © All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.