Skip to content

ThePawn02

Gaming News Headlines

  • eSports
  • Guides
  • Headlines
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Uncategorized
Primary Menu
  • Home
  • Watch Live
  • News
  • eSports
  • Blog
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Guild Login
    • Guild Mentality
    • The Zealots
    • Malign
  • Socials
    • Youtube Channel
    • Twitch Channel
    • Kick.com
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • Facebook
Subscribe
  • Home
  • 2026
  • March
  • New MindsEye Mission Will Reveal ‘Evidence’ the Game Was ‘Sabotaged’, Claims CEO
  • Headlines

New MindsEye Mission Will Reveal ‘Evidence’ the Game Was ‘Sabotaged’, Claims CEO

New MindsEye Mission Will Reveal 'Evidence' the Game Was 'Sabotaged', Claims CEO
ThePawn.com March 31, 2026 4 minutes read
New MindsEye Mission Will Reveal ‘Evidence’ the Game Was ‘Sabotaged’, Claims CEO

Build a Rocket Boy CEO Mark Gerhard says that the studio is preparing to add a new mission to its game, MindsEye, which will include “evidence” supporting his repeated claims that the game was sabotaged by bad actors.

Speaking to GamesBeat, Gerhard claims that the new mission will be called Blacklist, and will feature a female playable character. “We’re also using that to share some of the evidence of the sabotage with the community.” He did not provide further information as to what this would entail, however, he previously told Insider Gaming that the studio was also planning to use the names of people who had committed the alleged sabotage in the new mission.

“And let’s have some fun with it,” he said at the time. “Let’s tell the community the story before it even plays out in court. So, you know, I think this is not us being the victim.

“We’ve taken a couple of punches. We’ve kept turning the other cheek while we got our house in order. And now it’s time to start judoing this right back at them. And, you know, so let’s have some fun with it. At the end of the day, we’re storytellers, we’re game makers.”

The sabotage Gerhard is referring to is his claims over the last year that there was a “concerted effort” to “trash the game and the studio” by both internal and external saboteurs. He claims that the saboteurs paid off influencers or paid for spam bots to denegrate the game on social platforms. Gerhard has yet to provide evidence to back up these claims, and former publisher IO Interactive has denied their merit.

In the same GamesBeat interview, Gerhard said that authorities in both the US and UK were investigating what he believes to be criminal, corporate espionage.

“We’ve got very strong evidence of this and conducted quite thorough investigations over the months since launch,” he said. “We’ve identified parties involved, and it’s now with the authorities both UK and US to deal with. I can confirm that they’re assisting us with this investigation, but it’s also in their hands now. We’ll leave them to do what they do, make their arrests or any announcements in due course. I think we’re not saying anything further at this stage on that. We’ll just let the natural course of justice take its path.”

Gerhard does admit that the game launched in a messy state, with numerous bugs and crashes. He tells GamesBeat that these issues are “on us” and that the team is continuing to invest in the game and improve it. “We’re very excited about this next chapter,” he said. “We know we had, without doubt, the worst launch in history. And obviously there’s many reasons for that, but we are planning to relaunch our game now that the interference has stopped.”

To that end, studio head and former GTA 5 producer Leslie Benzies is back from an extended vacation taken after the game’s launch, he says, though he also suggests the studio isn’t done with layoffs, even after two rounds of them. Gerhard also alleges that the game is being “very well-reviewed” (its current Metacritic score is 39, and user score is 2.6, it has a “mixed” score on Steam, and we gave it a 4/10) and that “sales are increasing organically, doubling almost weekly.” (At the time this piece was written, 11 people were playing MindsEye on Steam).

Earlier this month, it was announced that IO Interactive was handing off all its publishing responsibilities to Build a Rocket Boy, and that its planned Hitman crossover event was being canceled.

Rebekah Valentine is a senior reporter for IGN. Got a story tip? Send it to [email protected].

This article was updated post publication to add more context on the mission from a past interview.

feedzy_import_tag feedzy_import_tag

About the Author

ThePawn.com

Administrator

Visit Website View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: Backyard Baseball Preview: It’s Back and It’s Got Something for the OG Players Who Are Now All Grown Up
Next: Games Workshop Reveals First Ever Official Artwork of ‘Post-Ascension’ Perturabo in the ‘Modern’ Warhammer 40,000 Universe — and He’s Absolutely Massive

Related News

‘I Bet Many of You Would Not Like It’  — Halo Co-Creator Says He Would Make Series ‘Darker’ if He Made a New Game
  • Headlines

‘I Bet Many of You Would Not Like It’ — Halo Co-Creator Says He Would Make Series ‘Darker’ if He Made a New Game

ThePawn.com August 20, 2026 0
Modern Warfare 4 Developers Address Need for Balance in Call of Duty
  • Headlines

Modern Warfare 4 Developers Address Need for Balance in Call of Duty

ThePawn.com August 20, 2026 0
The Big Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 Interview — Infinity Ward on the Beta, Matchmaking, and Much More
  • Headlines

The Big Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 Interview — Infinity Ward on the Beta, Matchmaking, and Much More

ThePawn.com August 20, 2026 0

Latest YouTube Video

Check out these awesome streamers

ThePawn02 on twitch

From Gamewatcher

  • Diablo 4 Season 15 Release Date - Latest News
  • Space Marine 2 Patch 15 Content & Release Date - Latest News
  • Hell Let Loose: Vietnam Review
  • The Mound: Omen of Cthulhu Review
  • Assassin's Creed Black Flag Resynced Review

From IGN

  • Riot to End Active Development for 2XKO in December 2026, Online Play to Remain Unaffected
  • 'I Bet Many of You Would Not Like It' — Halo Co-Creator Says He Would Make Series 'Darker' if He Made a New Game
  • Modern Warfare 4 Developers Address Need for Balance in Call of Duty
  • The Big Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 Interview — Infinity Ward on the Beta, Matchmaking, and Much More
  • FromSoftware Isn't Done With Single-Player Games, Miyazaki Reassures

From eSports Insider

  • “A kid from nowhere”: Monsoon on homelessness, escapism, and becoming a world champion
  • The International 2026 meta: It’s all about tanks, healing, and late games
  • “Don’t waste your money”: Unraveling the stigma of esports degrees in higher education
  • The International 2026 main event predictions: who will claim the Aegis?
  • What we learned from the Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 esports season

.

You may have missed

Today in GTA 5 mods: Turning Franklin into a walking car-cannon
  • News

Today in GTA 5 mods: Turning Franklin into a walking car-cannon

ThePawn.com August 20, 2026 0
Man This Game Is Gonna Rip, Look At This Cast Of Doofuses
  • News

Man This Game Is Gonna Rip, Look At This Cast Of Doofuses

ThePawn.com August 20, 2026 0
Fortnite‘s Long Sonic Haunts My Nightmares
  • News

Fortnite‘s Long Sonic Haunts My Nightmares

ThePawn.com August 20, 2026 0
This wild new PC pro controller runs its own custom OS across a 2.79-inch color display slapped beneath the thumbsticks
  • News

This wild new PC pro controller runs its own custom OS across a 2.79-inch color display slapped beneath the thumbsticks

ThePawn.com August 20, 2026 0
Privacy Policy
  • Home
  • Watch Live
  • News
  • eSports
  • Blog
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Guild Login
  • Socials
  • Twitch
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Kick.com
Copyright © All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.