Skip to content

ThePawn02

Gaming and Streaming Content

  • eSports
  • Guides
  • Headlines
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Uncategorized
Primary Menu
  • Home
  • Watch Live
  • News
  • eSports
  • Blog
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Guild Login
    • Guild Mentality
    • The Zealots
    • Malign
  • Socials
    • Youtube Channel
    • Twitch Channel
    • Kick.com
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • Facebook
Subscribe
  • Home
  • 2026
  • February
  • Final Fantasy Remake Series Going Multiplatform Will Not Lower Quality of Part 3, Director Insists While Acknowledging Fan Concern
  • Headlines

Final Fantasy Remake Series Going Multiplatform Will Not Lower Quality of Part 3, Director Insists While Acknowledging Fan Concern

Final Fantasy Remake Series Going Multiplatform Will Not Lower Quality of Part 3, Director Insists While Acknowledging Fan Concern
ThePawn.com February 16, 2026 3 minutes read
Final Fantasy Remake Series Going Multiplatform Will Not Lower Quality of Part 3, Director Insists While Acknowledging Fan Concern

Final Fantasy Remake Part 3 director Naoki Hamaguchi has discussed the impact of expanding the platforms on which the Final Fantasy 7 Remake series is available, insisting that going multiplatform “will not in any way lower the quality of the third instalment.”

In an interview with Automaton, via Eurogamer, Hamaguchi said both the Nintendo Switch 2 and Xbox versions of the game’s prior instalments “have been incredibly well received and generated a lot of buzz online,” but did note some community concerns.

“Both the Nintendo Switch 2 and Xbox versions have been incredibly well received and generated a lot of buzz online,” Hamaguchi said. “That attention has also made me realize how many people are worried about this issue. However, our decision to go multiplatform with the FF7 Remake series will not in any way lower the quality of the third installment.

“Our development structure simply doesn’t work that way to begin with… I suppose I’ll just have to keep saying it,” he said, laughing. He also stressed that because of the growing popularity of gaming on PC both in Japan and beyond, the game has been built with PC “as the foundation.”

“While PC gaming is gradually expanding in Japan, overseas growth has been even more rapid,” Hamaguchi added. “The market has broadened tremendously across both consoles and PC. The FF7 Remake series has sold very well on platforms like Steam and the Epic Games Store, so we develop assets with the broad PC market in mind. In fact, our 3D assets are created at the highest quality level based on PC as the foundation.

“When FFVII Rebirth launched, there was talk about how the PC version looked better than the PS5 version, and our philosophy will not change for the third instalment,” he concluded. “As our fundamental principle, we do not design assets to meet the lowest baseline. Instead, we create them for high-end environments first.”

Last month, Hamaguchi teased that the “core game experience is almost complete,” and while he “really want[s] everyone to play it as soon as possible,” the team has now moved on to “refining and polishing.”

Meanwhile, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth‘s Queen’s Blood card game is making a “powered-up” comeback for the final chapter in Square Enix’s remake trilogy. Hamaguchi said he plans to double down on the card game when its next installment finally launches, promising to “expand” what was seen with its Rebirth launch.

We also recently learned that the Final Fantasy 7 Remake team actually considered resizing Cloud’s iconic Buster Sword to make it more realistic before deciding to stick with the original design, admitting “it was just too iconic” to change.

Vikki Blake is a reporter for IGN, as well as a critic, columnist, and consultant with 15+ years experience working with some of the world’s biggest gaming sites and publications. She’s also a Guardian, Spartan, Silent Hillian, Legend, and perpetually High Chaos. Find her at BlueSky.

feedzy_import_tag feedzy_import_tag

About the Author

ThePawn.com

Administrator

Visit Website View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: ‘This is Not God of War’ — Franchise Creator David Jaffe Trashes Side-Scrolling Spinoff Sons of Sparta
Next: NetEase breaks up with another western studio, but it refuses to die and instead ‘remains motivated and deeply committed to the incredible game we’re building’

Related News

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option
  • Headlines

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Sea Scroll Card Game Review
  • Headlines

Sea Scroll Card Game Review

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce
  • Headlines

Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0

Latest YouTube Video

Check out these awesome streamers

ThePawn02 on twitch

From Gamewatcher

  • Age of Wonders 4's Secrets of the Archmages DLC Releases This June With New Owlkin Form, Forbidden Magic Tomes, and More
  • Anno 117: Pax Romana Patch Notes (Latest) - Full Update History & Roadmap for 2026
  • World of Tanks: Heat Release Date Confirmed for Tactical Shooter Spin-Off
  • Subnautica 2 Patch Notes Hub and Roadmap of Updates for 2026
  • Directive 8020 Review

From IGN

  • Hasbro Cancels Dungeons & Dragons Game from Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Director
  • Assassin's Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option
  • Sea Scroll Card Game Review
  • Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce
  • Final Fantasy Creator Hironobu Sakaguchi Addresses Backlash for Sharing AI Final Fantasy 6 Remake Video

From eSports Insider

  • As the esports industry crumbles, the FGC has become a refreshingly real escape to what esports used to be
  • T1 regains its form, G2 makes a statement, FlyQuest becomes LCS dark horse: The fight for MSI is closer than ever
  • Esports orgs need to take pros’ physical health more seriously as they continue to retire from wrist and hand injuries
  • Nephew qualifies for Street Fighter 6 Esports World Cup alongside Kobayan, while the twins fulfill their destiny in 2XKO: The week before Combo Breaker 2026
  • “Get a job already”: FGC begs Mew2King to get a job, but he isn’t the only esports pro suffering

.

You may have missed

Final Fantasy Creator Hironobu Sakaguchi Addresses Backlash for Sharing AI Final Fantasy 6 Remake Video
  • Headlines

Final Fantasy Creator Hironobu Sakaguchi Addresses Backlash for Sharing AI Final Fantasy 6 Remake Video

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce
  • Headlines

Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Sea Scroll Card Game Review
  • Headlines

Sea Scroll Card Game Review

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option
  • Headlines

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Privacy Policy
  • Home
  • Watch Live
  • News
  • eSports
  • Blog
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Guild Login
  • Socials
  • Twitch
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Kick.com
Copyright © All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.