Skip to content

ThePawn02

Gaming and Streaming Content

  • eSports
  • Guides
  • Headlines
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Uncategorized
Primary Menu
  • Home
  • Watch Live
  • News
  • eSports
  • Blog
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Guild Login
    • Guild Mentality
    • The Zealots
    • Malign
  • Socials
    • Youtube Channel
    • Twitch Channel
    • Kick.com
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • Facebook
Subscribe
  • Home
  • 2026
  • January
  • Ubisoft Follows Last Week’s Game Cancelations and Studio Closures With a Proposed Reduction of 200 More Jobs at its Paris Headquarters
  • Headlines

Ubisoft Follows Last Week’s Game Cancelations and Studio Closures With a Proposed Reduction of 200 More Jobs at its Paris Headquarters

Ubisoft Follows Last Week's Game Cancelations and Studio Closures With a Proposed Reduction of 200 More Jobs at its Paris Headquarters
ThePawn.com January 26, 2026 3 minutes read
Ubisoft Follows Last Week’s Game Cancelations and Studio Closures With a Proposed Reduction of 200 More Jobs at its Paris Headquarters

Just a week after announcing the cancelation of six games, the closure of two studios and further job losses at another three locations, Ubisoft is now aiming its cost-reduction initiative at staff working inside its Paris headquarters.

Ubisoft has proposed the loss of up to 200 jobs within the French capital, where it currently employs around 1100 people. This process will be organized under the voluntary Rupture Conventionnelle Collective (RCC) process, where staff can agree to form a collective, voluntary mutual termination agreement.

“In line with last week’s announcements on its new operating model and the acceleration of cost-reduction initiatives, Ubisoft International has initiated discussions regarding a potential Rupture Conventionnelle Collective, a collective, voluntary mutual termination agreement that could involve up to 200 positions at its headquarters in France,” a Ubisoft spokesperson told IGN today.

“At this stage, this remains a proposal, and no decision will be final until a collective agreement is reached with employee representatives and validated by French authorities. The proposal applies exclusively to Ubisoft International employees under French contracts and has no impact on other French entities or Ubisoft teams worldwide.”

While the RCC process has to be voluntary and has to be based on terms agreed by employees and trade unions, there’s no word today on next steps if the company does not achieve the reduction in headcount it is expecting through this scheme.

Ubisoft’s Parisian offices have previously been the sight of protests against the company’s previous return-to-office stipulations. Last week, Ubisoft said its company reorganization would also reintroduce five-day office work as standard (albeit with an annual pool of remote working days). Still, IGN understands the decision to propose an RCC to its Parisian workers was made some time ago, before the five-day mandate was decided.

Last week, Ubisoft said it was completely shuttering its Stockholm studio that previously collaborated on Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, alongside mobile studio Ubisoft Halifax. “Restructurings” have also taken place at Ubisoft offices in Abu Dhabi, at Trials studio RedLynx and at Massive, home to The Division.

Of the half dozen games that have now been fully scrapped, Ubisoft only publicly named one — its long-awaited Prince of Persia: Sands of Time remake. Today, an actress believed to have been working on the remake said that she had lost three years’ worth of work and discovered her project had been canceled after reading about Ubisoft’s shock decision online.

Ubisoft simultaneously confirmed it had delayed a further seven games, including an unannounced title set for launch within the next two months that is widely expected to be the company’s under-wraps Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag remaster. Ubisoft’s stock plunged by 40% following the announcement, and now sits 95% down on its January 2021 peak.

Image credit: IGN.

Tom Phillips is IGN’s News Editor. You can reach Tom at [email protected] or find him on Bluesky @tomphillipseg.bsky.social

feedzy_import_tag feedzy_import_tag

About the Author

ThePawn.com

Administrator

Visit Website View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: The First Big Arc Raiders Update of 2026 Adds Solo vs. Squads Matchmaking, ‘Bird City,’ and More Tomorrow
Next: After Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake Cancelation, Actress Says She’s Lost 3 Years of Work and Found Out via the Internet

Related News

Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce
  • Headlines

Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Final Fantasy Creator Hironobu Sakaguchi Addresses Backlash for Sharing AI Final Fantasy 6 Remake Video
  • Headlines

Final Fantasy Creator Hironobu Sakaguchi Addresses Backlash for Sharing AI Final Fantasy 6 Remake Video

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option
  • Headlines

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0

Latest YouTube Video

Check out these awesome streamers

ThePawn02 on twitch

From Gamewatcher

  • Age of Wonders 4's Secrets of the Archmages DLC Releases This June With New Owlkin Form, Forbidden Magic Tomes, and More
  • Anno 117: Pax Romana Patch Notes (Latest) - Full Update History & Roadmap for 2026
  • World of Tanks: Heat Release Date Confirmed for Tactical Shooter Spin-Off
  • Subnautica 2 Patch Notes Hub and Roadmap of Updates for 2026
  • Directive 8020 Review

From IGN

  • Hasbro Cancels Dungeons & Dragons Game from Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Director
  • Assassin's Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option
  • Sea Scroll Card Game Review
  • Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce
  • Final Fantasy Creator Hironobu Sakaguchi Addresses Backlash for Sharing AI Final Fantasy 6 Remake Video

From eSports Insider

  • As the esports industry crumbles, the FGC has become a refreshingly real escape to what esports used to be
  • T1 regains its form, G2 makes a statement, FlyQuest becomes LCS dark horse: The fight for MSI is closer than ever
  • Esports orgs need to take pros’ physical health more seriously as they continue to retire from wrist and hand injuries
  • Nephew qualifies for Street Fighter 6 Esports World Cup alongside Kobayan, while the twins fulfill their destiny in 2XKO: The week before Combo Breaker 2026
  • “Get a job already”: FGC begs Mew2King to get a job, but he isn’t the only esports pro suffering

.

You may have missed

Final Fantasy Creator Hironobu Sakaguchi Addresses Backlash for Sharing AI Final Fantasy 6 Remake Video
  • Headlines

Final Fantasy Creator Hironobu Sakaguchi Addresses Backlash for Sharing AI Final Fantasy 6 Remake Video

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce
  • Headlines

Broken Sword Movie in the Works, Creator Charles Cecil Will Produce

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Sea Scroll Card Game Review
  • Headlines

Sea Scroll Card Game Review

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option
  • Headlines

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced Shows Off No-HUD Option

ThePawn.com May 20, 2026 0
Privacy Policy
  • Home
  • Watch Live
  • News
  • eSports
  • Blog
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Guild Login
  • Socials
  • Twitch
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Kick.com
Copyright © All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.