Skip to content

ThePawn02

Gaming and Streaming Content

  • eSports
  • Guides
  • Headlines
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Uncategorized
Primary Menu
  • Home
  • Watch Live
  • News
  • eSports
  • Blog
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Guild Login
    • Guild Mentality
    • The Zealots
    • Malign
  • Socials
    • Youtube Channel
    • Twitch Channel
    • Kick.com
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • Facebook
Subscribe
  • Home
  • 2026
  • January
  • ‘We Remain Committed and Focused’: Beyond Good & Evil 2 Creative Director Gives First Statement Since Ubisoft Reorganization
  • Headlines

‘We Remain Committed and Focused’: Beyond Good & Evil 2 Creative Director Gives First Statement Since Ubisoft Reorganization

'We Remain Committed and Focused': Beyond Good & Evil 2 Creative Director Gives First Statement Since Ubisoft Reorganization
ThePawn.com January 30, 2026 3 minutes read
‘We Remain Committed and Focused’: Beyond Good & Evil 2 Creative Director Gives First Statement Since Ubisoft Reorganization

Beyond Good & Evil 2 creative director Fawzi Mesmar has responded to Ubisoft’s sweeping company reshuffle that resulted in the cancellation or delay of a swathe of game projects, as well as studio closures and layoffs — including a further 200 job losses proposed at the company’s Paris headquarters this week.

Writing on LinkedIn, former DICE veteran Mesmar assured fans of Ubisoft’s long-in-development Beyond Good & Evil 2 that the project had not been impacted in the restructure, as had previously been expected. Still, the developer said he was “saddened” by the reorganization’s effects on his colleagues across the wider company.

With an on-again, off-again development stretching back almost two decades, Beyond Good & Evil 2 remains an ongoing project within Ubisoft, led by its French team based in Montpellier.

“Thank you for everyone who has reached out to me over the past few days in regards to recent news at Ubisoft,” Mesmar wrote. “Myself, my team and our project Beyond Good and Evil 2 are unaffected by the recent changes. I would direct you to the official press release for more information around the latest organisational structure.”

This press release was the one which laid out Ubisoft leadership’s vision for the company to be split into five “Creative Houses” that lump the publisher’s many franchises into groups loosely based around their genre and audience.

Last week, Beyond Good & Evil was announced as being part of Creative House 4, a group dedicated to narrative driven and fantasy-orientated series that also includes Anno, Might & Magic, Rayman and Prince of Persia (though not the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake, which was canned).

“Needless to say, I am saddened by the cancellations that has affected my colleagues in other parts of Ubisoft and the industry,” Mesmar continued. “I urge everyone — myself included — to offer support whenever and however they can during these times.

“We remain committed and focused on delivering a remarkable game for our players to enjoy,” he concluded.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 originally begun early development in 2007, with series creator and Rayman mastermind Michel Ancel on board alongside the majority of the Montpellier team behind the first Beyond Good & Evil game. Development was put on the back burner while Ancel’s team worked on other projects, but Ubisoft re-announced the game with fanfare in 2017 and showed off an in-engine concept featuring space flight and designs to feature multiple solar systems and planets.

Again, however, development struggled — and the project was further impacted by Ancel’s departure from Ubisoft and the sad death of its subsequent creative lead Emil Morel. But the last couple of years have seen work coalesce once more, with the sequel’s characters given intriguing cameos in the new Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition, and the hiring of Mesmar as creative director to steady the ship. That said, 20 years on from the original, there remains no word on when its follow-up will launch.

Earlier this week, an actress believed to have been working on the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake said that she had lost three years’ worth of work and discovered her project had been canceled after her brother read about Ubisoft’s shock decision online.

Tom Phillips is IGN’s News Editor. You can reach Tom at [email protected] or find him on Bluesky @tomphillipseg.bsky.social

feedzy_import_tag feedzy_import_tag

About the Author

ThePawn.com

Administrator

Visit Website View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: Crimson Desert Promises the World, But How Much Will It Deliver?
Next: After Going Gold, Crimson Desert Developer Deep in Optimization Phase ‘To Make the Game Run as Good as It Possibly Can’ Before Launch

Related News

‘This is a Bad Idea’: Harry Potter Movie Trio Were Pitched a Wizard of Oz Adaptation With Emma Watson as Dorothy and Daniel Radcliffe as the Cowardly Lion
  • Headlines

‘This is a Bad Idea’: Harry Potter Movie Trio Were Pitched a Wizard of Oz Adaptation With Emma Watson as Dorothy and Daniel Radcliffe as the Cowardly Lion

ThePawn.com February 20, 2026 0
Ubisoft Insists MIA Splinter Cell Remake Still in Development Despite Fresh Layoffs
  • Headlines

Ubisoft Insists MIA Splinter Cell Remake Still in Development Despite Fresh Layoffs

ThePawn.com February 20, 2026 0
Resident Evil Requiem Has a Bizarre Ultra-Limited Edition With Exercise Equipment in Japan — and It Sold Out Almost Instantly
  • Headlines

Resident Evil Requiem Has a Bizarre Ultra-Limited Edition With Exercise Equipment in Japan — and It Sold Out Almost Instantly

ThePawn.com February 20, 2026 0

Latest YouTube Video

Check out these awesome streamers

ThePawn02 on twitch

From Gamewatcher

  • How to Get Meat and Meat Bites in Starsand Island
  • Ranking Games With an Unconventional Storytelling Approach: From High on Life 2 to Portal
  • Transport Fever 3 Preview
  • Disciples: Domination Review
  • Nioh 3 Review

From IGN

  • Pokémon TCG: Everything You Need to Know About First Partner Illustration Collection Series 1
  • Magic Market Watch: Fresh Unbans Spring Some Massive Surprises Post Lorwyn Eclipsed
  • Nier: Automata Has Now Sold 10 Million Copies
  • Capcom Pledges 'Firm Action' Following Widespread Resident Evil Requiem Leaks, Begs Fans Not to 'Ruin' Excitement for Others
  • Bluepoint Is Yet Another PlayStation Acquisition Horror Story

From eSports Insider

  • KESPA highlights the economic power of esports events in South Korea
  • Immutable Gamers Race for Bigger $60K Weekly Rewards After Dynamic Tier Upgrade
  • VALORANT Masters Santiago 2026 preview: format, schedule, teams, and more
  • VALORANT joins 2026 Esports Nations Cup line-up
  • VALORANT player Xiesta signs a four-year contract with Gen.G

.

You may have missed

Security researchers claim Persona, the provider behind Discord’s UK age verification ‘experiment’, performs ‘269 individual verification checks’ on user data, including those for terrorism and espionage
  • News

Security researchers claim Persona, the provider behind Discord’s UK age verification ‘experiment’, performs ‘269 individual verification checks’ on user data, including those for terrorism and espionage

ThePawn.com February 20, 2026 0
Arc Raiders proves it has one of the most wholesome fanbases once again, as a stranger spends 15 minutes painstakingly escorting a downed raider to safety
  • News

Arc Raiders proves it has one of the most wholesome fanbases once again, as a stranger spends 15 minutes painstakingly escorting a downed raider to safety

ThePawn.com February 20, 2026 0
Capcom Begs Fans Not To Share Resident Evil Requiem Footage As Spoilers Start Leaking
  • News

Capcom Begs Fans Not To Share Resident Evil Requiem Footage As Spoilers Start Leaking

ThePawn.com February 20, 2026 0
Pokémon FireRed And LeafGreen On Switch Has A Sick Special Edition Most People Can’t Get
  • News

Pokémon FireRed And LeafGreen On Switch Has A Sick Special Edition Most People Can’t Get

ThePawn.com February 20, 2026 0
Privacy Policy
  • Home
  • Watch Live
  • News
  • eSports
  • Blog
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Guild Login
  • Socials
  • Twitch
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Kick.com
Copyright © All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.