Skip to content

ThePawn02

Gaming and Streaming Content

  • eSports
  • Guides
  • Headlines
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Uncategorized
Primary Menu
  • Home
  • Watch Live
  • News
  • eSports
  • Blog
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Guild Login
    • Guild Mentality
    • The Zealots
    • Malign
  • Socials
    • Youtube Channel
    • Twitch Channel
    • Kick.com
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • Facebook
Subscribe
  • Home
  • 2026
  • January
  • KRÜ Esports to field substitute roster for VCT Americas debut due to visa delays
  • eSports

KRÜ Esports to field substitute roster for VCT Americas debut due to visa delays

KRÜ Esports to field substitute roster for VCT Americas debut due to visa delays
ThePawn.com January 16, 2026 3 minutes read
KRÜ Esports to field substitute roster for VCT Americas debut due to visa delays
kru esports players celebrating at events
Image Credit: KRÜ Esports

KRÜ Esports has confirmed it will compete in its opening match of the VALORANT Champions Tour (VCT) Americas with a substitute lineup after visa issues prevented its main roster from travelling in time.

According to an official statement published by the organisation, delays in the visa process meant that KRÜ Esports’ starting roster was unable to enter the country ahead of its scheduled debut on January 16th.

Keep Reading
  • Riot Games partners with KitKat for 2026 VCT and Game Changers EMEA
  • 5 agents that could dominate the VALORANT meta in 2026
  • Riot Games unveils 2026 VCT Stage 1 and Stage 2 formats

VCT Americas is Riot Games’ top-tier VALORANT league for North, Central and South America, featuring partnered organisations competing for international qualification.

Visa Delays Impact Opening Match

In its announcement, KRÜ Esports explained that it had worked with the same visa agency it had previously used for VCT competitions and had met all required conditions within the expected timeframe. However, the organisation said it was asked to submit additional documentation for the first time, causing unexpected delays.

“This caused delays in the internal process, making it impossible to secure the timely entry of KRÜ VISA’s main roster into the country to compete on the first scheduled match day,” the statement said.

As a result, KRÜ Esports will field a mixed lineup consisting of three players and coaching staff from its academy team, KRÜ Spark, alongside two stand-in players.

The roster set to represent the organisation on January 16th is:

  • Juan Pablo ‘NagZ’ Lopez Miranda
  • Nicolás ‘MTA’ González
  • Benjamin ‘Beng’ Hidalgo
  • Philip ‘Infiltrator’ Nguyen
  • Peter ‘Governor’ No

The team will be coached by Bastián ‘bione’ Castro, Head Coach of KRÜ Spark, alongside Alex ‘Fadeout’ Argüello, its Assistant Coach.

KRÜ Esports Response

KRÜ Esports stated that it’s continuing to work with authorities to resolve the situation and expects its main roster to be available for future matches, regardless of the result against FURIA.

“We are currently continuing to work diligently and submitting all required documentation to resolve this situation and have our main roster available for upcoming matches,” the organisation added, noting that further updates would be shared in the coming days.

The development comes as KRÜ Esports looks to build momentum in VCT Americas following a mixed 2025 season. Last year, the organisation placed fourth at the VCT 2025: Americas Kickoff and finished fifth to sixth during Americas Stage 1, while also competing across several international and regional events.

Several players involved in the substitute lineup have recent experience at high-level competition. NagZ, MTA and Beng have all competed across the Latin America Challengers circuit, while Infiltrator and Governor previously featured in the Spotlight Series 2025: Americas, where they claimed first place.

KRÜ Esports concluded its statement by thanking fans for their continued support following the announcement of its new roster, adding that it remains eager to see the team compete in VCT Americas once the situation is resolved.

The post KRÜ Esports to field substitute roster for VCT Americas debut due to visa delays appeared first on Esports Insider.

feedzy_import_tag feedzy_import_tag

About the Author

ThePawn.com

Administrator

Visit Website View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: LEC to expand Roadtrip programme with five arena events in 2026
Next: LEGO Pokemon: Sets, price, release date, and how to pre-order

Related News

“Who does Raise think he is? Faker?”: LOUD midlaner Mago steps down following internal conflicts
  • eSports

“Who does Raise think he is? Faker?”: LOUD midlaner Mago steps down following internal conflicts

ThePawn.com February 20, 2026 0
Become: A spunky indie game about sperm is coming this year
  • eSports

Become: A spunky indie game about sperm is coming this year

ThePawn.com February 20, 2026 0
Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves gets another Street Fighter collab
  • eSports

Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves gets another Street Fighter collab

ThePawn.com February 20, 2026 0

Latest YouTube Video

Check out these awesome streamers

ThePawn02 on twitch

From Gamewatcher

  • How to Get Meat and Meat Bites in Starsand Island
  • Ranking Games With an Unconventional Storytelling Approach: From High on Life 2 to Portal
  • Transport Fever 3 Preview
  • Disciples: Domination Review
  • Nioh 3 Review

From IGN

  • Pokémon TCG: Everything You Need to Know About First Partner Illustration Collection Series 1
  • Magic Market Watch: Fresh Unbans Spring Some Massive Surprises Post Lorwyn Eclipsed
  • Nier: Automata Has Now Sold 10 Million Copies
  • Capcom Pledges 'Firm Action' Following Widespread Resident Evil Requiem Leaks, Begs Fans Not to 'Ruin' Excitement for Others
  • Bluepoint Is Yet Another PlayStation Acquisition Horror Story

From eSports Insider

  • KESPA highlights the economic power of esports events in South Korea
  • Immutable Gamers Race for Bigger $60K Weekly Rewards After Dynamic Tier Upgrade
  • VALORANT Masters Santiago 2026 preview: format, schedule, teams, and more
  • VALORANT joins 2026 Esports Nations Cup line-up
  • VALORANT player Xiesta signs a four-year contract with Gen.G

.

You may have missed

Security researchers claim Persona, the provider behind Discord’s UK age verification ‘experiment’, performs ‘269 individual verification checks’ on user data, including those for terrorism and espionage
  • News

Security researchers claim Persona, the provider behind Discord’s UK age verification ‘experiment’, performs ‘269 individual verification checks’ on user data, including those for terrorism and espionage

ThePawn.com February 20, 2026 0
Arc Raiders proves it has one of the most wholesome fanbases once again, as a stranger spends 15 minutes painstakingly escorting a downed raider to safety
  • News

Arc Raiders proves it has one of the most wholesome fanbases once again, as a stranger spends 15 minutes painstakingly escorting a downed raider to safety

ThePawn.com February 20, 2026 0
Capcom Begs Fans Not To Share Resident Evil Requiem Footage As Spoilers Start Leaking
  • News

Capcom Begs Fans Not To Share Resident Evil Requiem Footage As Spoilers Start Leaking

ThePawn.com February 20, 2026 0
Pokémon FireRed And LeafGreen On Switch Has A Sick Special Edition Most People Can’t Get
  • News

Pokémon FireRed And LeafGreen On Switch Has A Sick Special Edition Most People Can’t Get

ThePawn.com February 20, 2026 0
Privacy Policy
  • Home
  • Watch Live
  • News
  • eSports
  • Blog
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Guild Login
  • Socials
  • Twitch
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Kick.com
Copyright © All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.